Thursday 16 April 2009

Great garden day!


I thought I would add a few photos of the flowers in my garden, it was already pretty well established when we moved in about 18 months ago and I have to say I don't know what all of them are! It helps with the setting I guess, it's where I see most of my birds and of course the plants don't fly off when I go for a close up with my snappy camera :-) !! This first one is the clematis which has gone wild the past week and really needs a bit of work on it.

Just a note on the birds we've had today as it's been a good day. There were 5 Goldfinch on our feeder this evening, the most i've seen in a while. They had to share it earlier in the day when we had 2 male Greenfinch on the feeders too, i've never seen them on the feeders, in fact only seen them fly around the gardens maybe 3 or 4 times. So I was quite pleased with spotting those. The Robin has been here most of the day, along with a second briefly at lunchtime, a Woodpigeon, Collared Dove, Dunnock, Blue Tit, Several Starlings, Magpie, Blackbirds and House Sparrows. So a very good day off and when I figure out how to sort out the video camera footage onto here i'll put up some of the shots i've got of the Greenfinch.




These are Primula, there are a few of these in various colours around our front garden and bright pink ones in the hanging basket.


This is the centerpiece of the garden at the front, pretty much looks after itself - I like that!


Not one of my favourite flowers but it does bring some nice colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment