Friday 1 May 2009

Busy couple of days in the garden

The birds have been out in full force recently. Including a new garden tick for me - a Coal Tit. This appeared as we had lunch yesterday and my daughter and I had a great view of it as it came right down the fence close by the house. It tried out every feeder and bit of food in the garden! I love to see a new bird in the garden.

We have also had the Mistle Thrush back too today. Several House Sparrows have been coming in for the bread on the lawn and the seeds on the feeder. Usually they prefer the neighbours feeders, I have never had so many in our garden. Along with a Blue Tit, 2 Great Tits, 3 Blackbirds, 1 Magpie, 2 Collared Doves, 1 Woodpigeon, 2 Robins, 2 Dunocks, 2 Starlings, 3 Goldfinch. It's been a constant flow, with most of the birds appearing in the space of about 20 minutes while we have breakfast or lunch and in between too!

Having a extra long weekend means plenty of time for garden watching, it is so relaxing and rewarding. My daughter has started nursery for the first time this week so I had the afternoons to myself too. Means I managed to plant a lot of seeds over the past two days including some which hopefully will attract butterflies. Tomorrow I should get my
Buddleia bushes too.

Tomorrow is a visit to Rodley Nature Reserve, hoping for good things there. I visited just after it first opened several years ago and saw my first Kingfisher there, right outside the hide! Hopefully I can keep my daughters volume button down so she doesn't scare everything off. She doesn't do too bad when we are watching at home so we'll see.

Thought I'd share a picture of one of the other regular visitors to our garden.



No comments:

Post a Comment