Tuesday 1 December 2009

A Garden Update

Well I have not been out much of anywhere recently, Christmas has taken over and i've been shopping for England! On the birding front I did see a very lovely Pied Wagtail outside the entrance to the White Rose Shopping Centre.

The garden however has been bird central. Plenty of Starlings, Goldfinch and House Sparrows. Then in lesser numbers Dunnocks, Blue Tits, and Collared Doves. The Blue Tits have grown to three on a regular basis though the Coal Tit pair haven't been around much at all. There is a lone Great Tit visiting and a Robin, who is getting very brave and is happy in the garden when i'm out too.

Our squirrel has still been around and along with two Magpies has been polishing off the peanuts.

We've also had our first sighting of Long Tailed Tits since last winter when a pair flitted around the bushes for a while at the end of last week.

The posts may be a bit sparse over the next month or so as we have so much going on but I will try my best to get the family out for a brisk walk one lovely frosty morning!

2 comments:

  1. Your garden sounds a hive of activity Pam! I love seeing Long-tailed Tits flitting around but haven't spotted any in my garden since early Spring. It is still generally rather quiet here.

    It sounds like your Christmas preparations are coming on well, I'm afraid I am in my usual state of denial! Then it will all be one mad dash in the last fortnight I expect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really great to sit and watch the garden at the moment (when I see it in daylight of course!).

    I love Christmas so I like to let it take over a bit :-)
    Pam

    ReplyDelete