Saturday 10 March 2018

A rare garden visitor

Tuesday morning I was sat in my usual spot by the patio doors watching the birds in the garden before I went out to work. A bird flew in that I haven't seen in a long time - a Siskin, just one, a male, it went straight for the sunflower hearts and stayed around long enough for a few photos.





I checked my records and the only other time there's been one in the garden in the ten years we've lived here was back in 2011! I've not seen it since either. 

5 comments:

  1. There seems to have been a bit of an influx of Siskin recently in the UK. Other bloggers have commented on unusually large numbers at their feeders. Perhaps the recent awaful weather has something to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite sure the weather has had something to do with it!

      Delete
  2. WOW...so happy you got one, that's good news and I know you enjoyed it so much!! It is a lovely bird, our Siskins and not as colorful on head and upper body...but they are full of spunk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, I love seeing something new(ish) in the garden :)

      Delete
  3. Great news Pam and a super garden sighting. We often used to get visits at this time of year but they are so not so regular in recent years.

    ReplyDelete